Hey everyone,

First off I would like to say thank you for your comments and support these past few months. It's because of you that I continue to share my experiences and your interest means I must be doing something right. It has been a real whirlwind and as I mentioned in my last note, island life comes both with its good and bad factors. It truly has been the experience of a lifetime and I'm only halfway through.
I have been working with (in my opinion) one of the most important NGO's here on the island, called Living Water 4 Roatan, an organization that works to supply water throughout Roatan's largest barrio, La Colonia, an area in which I have spent ample time since last September. What makes LW4R so special is that it is an oranization that works on self, or locally sustainable resources. It is their water to use and manage, the NGO only works to provide supplies, educating, and salaries for those who work and live inside the barrio of around 7,000 people. This has proven difficult not only because of the near mountainous terrain but also the Patronas which take ownership of the four districts that compile La Colonoia; Balfonte, Policarpo, Monte Cristo, and Bellavista. The majority of work LW4R has done is located in Policarpo which is the largest region and holds the highest number of youths, which are most likely to contract water related illnesses. Little know that fatalities due to drinking contaminated water account for more deaths worldwide than those related to all the wars currently being fought, around 3.75 million per year.

If you would like to help in any way, please contact them at Henry@LW4R.com


On a lighter note I recently arrived home after embarking on a four day journey through Honduras, visiting the Mayan ruins in a small, sleepy little town named Copan. Considered the Paris of the Mayan culture, the ruins are not as big as those found in Tikal, Guatemala, which are staggeringly big, but known for the intricate and highly detailed inscriptions and carvings. It was also the last regional capital of the Mayan's and quite obviously held the most advanced techniques of their technology. The tour was amazing and it was an incredibly experience trekking about the same areas which were occupied by an amazing culture more than a millennium ago. However, what I found most appealing about Copan was the quant and charming town located about 1km away from the ruinas. Although it's about a 14 hour trip through the Honduran countryside, I strongly recommend the journey. Honduras is the most mountainous country in Central America, and the views along the way are simply breathtaking.



Aside from that I continue to try and capture images wherever I can. And even though I have spent ample time on this small island, the colors, people, and scenery still amaze me. Although day-to-day I long for my family and friends, I wake up each day feeling more and more at home. With your support may I continue to grow and learn at every turn.
Take care and God bless.

-Ben